Author Topic: 1.5.12 - Hotkey not working on startup  (Read 5004 times)

HighwaymanEd

1.5.12 - Hotkey not working on startup
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:38:15 AM »
I have an issue where the Global Recognition Hotkey is not recognised when VoiceAttack starts.

I use the * key on the numeric keyboard as it clashes less in the flight sims that I use VoiceAttack for, and when it first starts, it will not recognise the key press at all. If I go to the options and edit the hotkey, swapping it for something else, saving, then switching it back, it works perfectly.

Every time VoiceAttack restarts I have this issue regardless of rebooting.

Windows 10 64Bit.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: 1.5.12 - Hotkey not working on startup
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »
I've tried to reproduce your issue, but I am not able to.  I've tried several different keys as well as combinations of keys and different modes it seems to be ok.

Do you have any other software that may be hooking that key?  Have you tried any other keys?

HighwaymanEd

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:29:11 AM »
I do have a Saitek pro command unit that loads a profile for that key to a controller, which is what I then use for Voice Attack. I disabled that, but still no go.

I've tried several keys, and again it doesn't seem to matter which one I use, it doesn't register until I open the Hotkey options and re-bind it, then it works perfectly again until I quit VA and start it again...

I've managed to work around it by mapping an override for the Joystick button for my different profiles, but I'm happy to keep working on finding the issue if you like.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:32:47 AM by HighwaymanEd »

Alpha-Kilo

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 04:09:33 AM »
If your problem is that Numpad * isn't recognised at all, the latest beta might help you. It fixed similar issues for me and hopefully for others, too. If the key is recognised during one session but just isn't saved when you shutdown VA, your issue might be different.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any technical advice but maybe there's a workaround:

You could ignore the Global Recognition Hotkey. Just create two normal commands. Open "Other\Voice Attack Action" and choose "Make Voice Attack start/stop listening". Tick "When I say" and enter appropriate phrases. This way you can activate and deactivate VA with your voice and don't even need to configure any key. You could use "Other\Sounds\Say something with Text-To-Speech" to get a spoken confirmation.

I hope this helps.
----------------------------------------------------------------
SPEAKEASY - voice control for Arma 3:
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1494.0
----------------------------------------------------------------