Author Topic: Unable to recognize edPrimaryFire even though its binded.  (Read 1752 times)

Cyan002

Unable to recognize edPrimaryFire even though its binded.
« on: August 27, 2022, 01:16:22 AM »
Hi all, I'm using voice attack with BindED for Elite Dangerous Odyssey. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but previously it would recognize edPrimaryFire but once I started binding my controller as a secondary input it no longer would recognize that input.

Code: [Select]
<PrimaryFire>
<Primary Device="Mouse" Key="Mouse_1" />
<Secondary Device="GamePad" Key="Pos_GamePad_RTrigger" />
</PrimaryFire>

That is whats in my Custom.4.0.binds file.

My command looks like this
Code: [Select]
Press variable key(s) [edPrimaryFire] and hold for 6 seconds and release
If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Unable to recognize edPrimaryFire even though its binded.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 03:24:45 AM »
The keypress action is specifically for keyboard keys. It appears you do not have a keyboard key bound to that control.

What you could consider is to bind the secondary action to a keyboard key, and to use the gamepad trigger (which I believe should register as button 12, assuming you've assigned your gamepad to a VoiceAttack joystick slot, of course) to trigger a VoiceAttack command, which in turn presses that keyboard key.

To have the keyboard input "follow" the button input from the gamepad, you can set up two commands: One with the "Shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released" option unchecked, which contains a keypress action set to "Press Key(s)", and another with the "Shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released" option checked, which contains a keypress action set to "Release Key(s)".