Author Topic: Star Citizen Camera shortcut setup - Help please  (Read 2708 times)

vaguexrdx

Star Citizen Camera shortcut setup - Help please
« on: June 25, 2022, 01:15:34 AM »
Hello the macro is fairly basic,  Im looking to have 2 functions in the command or fi I need 2 commands than thats fine I just want it hopefully all one key only. 

so the functions of camera in Star citizen is roughly ..

Press camera key once (no hold) open camera view 1
press camera key once (no hold) change to camera view 2
press camera key again (no hold) return to POV
it also works as a toggled modifier
so you choose the view you want.. and then while holding the shortcut same one as before you press other keys to adjust he camera

so camera key + arrow right for example..

I am only worried about a way to be able to either switch views or toggle the modifer... prefer not to have to hold it but thats not za big deal if I must hold the key

thanks any questions feel free, i prolyl explained thay in too many words and poorly.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Star Citizen Camera shortcut setup - Help please
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 01:24:11 AM »
You are presumably describing the behavior of the target application (I.E. pressing and releasing a specific keyboard key switches between different camera views, holding it allows you to adjust the camera within that view), so what would the VoiceAttack command do?

What have you put together so far? I.E. which actions are currently in your command?

vaguexrdx

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 01:43:06 AM »
so f4 is the default camera key its being a pain to change in game so Im stuck with f4 for now. (doesnt rly matter)

basically i want to able to say press mosue back once and it cycles... then either say press mouse back twice and it toggles it  on so i can then use the other keys to adjust the camera view.

does that make sense?

vaguexrdx

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 01:44:26 AM »
essentially I am just trying to move the way it functions to a different key because remapping it in game is being a pain.. plus ill likely adjsut it more down the line as I find new ways to map commands

vaguexrdx

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 01:46:43 AM »
I would think with that it would at least cycle the views.. buit it ddoes nothing... even tried non mouse keys and im in admin mode as well.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 01:49:03 AM »
The way the command is currently set up, the F4 key should be held down when you execute it, so presumably the arrow keys would then adjust the camera.

Is that not the case?