Author Topic: Not Picking Up My Microphone  (Read 2227 times)

Rissendespawna

Not Picking Up My Microphone
« on: June 12, 2022, 08:36:02 AM »
Voice Attack is having a problem with my mic. It gives this message.  10:19:14.228 Unable to change recording audio device: Device ID not valid.

I have a FIFINE Studio Condenser USB Microphone T669.

Please help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Not Picking Up My Microphone
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 09:08:40 AM »
Do you have the "Set Windows Default Multimedia Audio Playback Device on Startup" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window enabled?

If not, is the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to something other than the entry beginning with the "Default - " prefix?

VoiceAttack is being instructed to switch to a specific device, but that device is no longer available under the device ID it was previously (that ID is set by Windows when the device is installed or reinstalled).

Check the "Set Windows Default Multimedia Audio Playback Device on Startup" dropdown, if that is indeed what you're using, for a second entry with the same device name, and choose that one instead.
The same may apply to the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option.

Rissendespawna

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 12:51:02 PM »
Do you have the "Set Windows Default Multimedia Audio Playback Device on Startup" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window enabled?

Yes

If not, is the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to something other than the entry beginning with the "Default - " prefix?

It is set to Default -

Check the "Set Windows Default Multimedia Audio Playback Device on Startup" dropdown, if that is indeed what you're using, for a second entry with the same device name, and choose that one instead.
The same may apply to the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option.

Done

Still not working however the 10:19:14.228 Unable to change recording audio device: Device ID not valid. is no longer there but there is this one.

2:43:54.786 Nahimic app detected.  This may cause conflicts with VoiceAttack.  This warning can be turned off via the Options screen.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 01:13:40 PM »
Is speech recognition not working at all for you? Is the horizontal bar at the bottom of the main window moving when you speak?

Is the "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation (could help with recognition)" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window enabled (checked)?

Rissendespawna

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 02:00:05 PM »
Is the "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation (could help with recognition)" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window enabled (checked)?

This did it Thanks so much! :)

Thank you for you time it is much appreciated.