Author Topic: VA looks like started but Screen doesn't show up  (Read 1875 times)

Keellaeth

VA looks like started but Screen doesn't show up
« on: June 12, 2022, 04:05:35 AM »
It launched once, then when I open it again it shows up in the task manager but nothing happens, when I alt tab I can see it's logo but nothing comes to screen, I looked minimized trays but nothing there either, no fail txt. Tried reinstall or disabling antivirus but didn't help.

After many tries and deleting localapp and roaming data I've finally seen improper shutdown screen but couldn't go further, no matter what screen doesn't come up, but it still continues to work in task manager.

Sorry for my bad english

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA looks like started but Screen doesn't show up
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 09:02:56 AM »
You mention "It launched once", is that the first and only time a VoiceAttack instance launched on your machine?

Are you using the Steam version, or the website version?

Keellaeth

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 01:44:56 PM »
Yes, it launched once fully as it should be, then never could open it again. I mean, I couldn't see the window with options, macros and everything except once. Nothing shows up except improper shutdown window now. When I select disable some options, another window opens as it should be, but nothing more after that. If I choose not to, nothing happens either.

I'm using website version.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 01:55:42 PM »
Just so we're absolutely clear: This is the first and only time you have installed any version of VoiceAttack on your machine?

If you right-click the Start button (on the Windows taskbar, standard location is on the left-hand side; It'll have the Windows logo on it) and choose "Event Viewer", then on the left-hand side of the window under "Windows Logs" click "Application", and on the right-hand side click "Find...", type in "VoiceAttack", and click "Find Next", what shows up in the bottom-center section (the "General" tab)?