Author Topic: How to install ChessAttack profile?  (Read 1041 times)

sj3vans

How to install ChessAttack profile?
« on: February 06, 2022, 09:07:46 PM »
I'm super brand new to VoiceAttack so sorry for this Neuby question but how do I install the ChessAttack  profiles?  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=4064.0 I looked through the manual, but it is unclear what to do and searching the forums hasn't found me what I need.  There are 3 VAP files and a .settings file.  Do I need to create a new Chess profile and then import these into that (import button in lower left corner of the profile dialog)?  When I do that, it says the commands will overlap/overwrite each other.  Do I create 3 separate profiles, one for each VAP file?  And where does the VoiceAttack.settings file go?  I'm sure this is all documented somewhere so if someone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciated it.  Thanks!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How to install ChessAttack profile?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 09:31:35 PM »
Looks like the intent is to import all three profiles separately. Presumably the "starter" profile is used to switch to the profile of the appropriate color.

The settings file seems to be the profile author's VoiceAttack settings, exported. You could overwrite your own settings by importing that file, but that shouldn't normally be required for a profile to function.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: How to install ChessAttack profile?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 12:14:58 PM »
You import profiles (with the .vap extension) or profile packages (with the .vax extension) using the menu on the main VoiceAttack window:

If someone shares a profile for a game which includes three .vap profiles, you will likely need to import all three, referring to any info provided by the author.  Can't imagine any profile requiring user to import someone else's settings file, I would ignore that, or backup your own settings and import it just to see what/why it is included, then restoring your own settings file to return to 'normal'.