Author Topic: Error initializing sound - Stream failure : Unable to acquire output  (Read 2663 times)

DilligafR1

Hi - I dont think I have changed anything but this error message shows up and continues every time I speak
I am using it with an HCS pack for Elite dangerous Oddesy?

Any thoughts or recommendations?

these are the messages:

Error initializing sound - Stream failure : Unable to acquire output device for audio playback.
Sound initialization timeout: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds\hcspack\Profile sounds\Generic\Profile\((rs - welcome 2))\verbose\All on board components passed.mp3

3:55:05.671 Recognized : 'engage frame shift drive'
3:55:06.710 Error initializing sound - Stream failure : Unable to acquire output device for audio playback.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Error initializing sound - Stream failure : Unable to acquire output
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 10:40:31 PM »
Is the "Audio Output Type" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to "Integrated Components"?

Is the "Override Default Playback Device" option set to "Do not override (use Windows Default Playback Device)"?

DilligafR1

Re: Error initializing sound - Stream failure : Unable to acquire output
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 11:28:42 PM »
Hi  - thanks for the quick response
I did have these settings as you have suggested - saw that elsewhere on the forums.

I decided to delete Avast antivirus as it was giving me some other issues and for what ever reason its all working again.