Author Topic: Is it possible to setup voice commands for the Kast App?  (Read 1026 times)

Pregxi

Is it possible to setup voice commands for the Kast App?
« on: January 31, 2022, 06:24:47 PM »
Howdy! I just purchased VoiceAttack and am just getting used to everything. I have very little experience with coding (but willing to learn!) and am struggling to find a way to automate anything for the Kast app, aside from opening the application up.

I don't think I can simply use a macro to move to certain coordinates within the app, especially to go to a certain channel as the location changes.  I assume this is what plugins are for and to build one you'd have to have access to the public API?

I'm willing to try and learn how to do it, if it's feasible. I just am not sure where to start. If I am able to get anything made, I'd gladly share it as I'm mostly wanting this out of laziness but could see it being REALLY helpful to those that are disabled if I could manage to setup a voice-to-text in the chat.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Is it possible to setup voice commands for the Kast App?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 02:00:26 AM »
Their own website makes no reference to an official API, and search engine results don't point to one either.

Unfortunately, some applications, especially web apps, are not designed for accessibility/automation.

Depending on how the interface of the application re-arranges itself, you could try using location-based commands to move the cursor, E.G. "click the third channel", rather than a specific name of a channel which may be located elsewhere.

If the application has keyboard support, that may be even better, doing away with the variability of interface element locations, especially if you're switching between fullscreen and windowed modes (or screens with different resolutions/aspect ratios/scaling), though the basic principle of using numbered locations would still need to remain.

Learning how to reverse-engineer an application is unlikely to be a recommended introduction to programming in general, and is most certainly outside the scope of VoiceAttack itself.