Author Topic: noice reduction = mic muted?  (Read 4032 times)

Cmdr-Gorgo

noice reduction = mic muted?
« on: August 21, 2016, 12:34:52 AM »
hi, i have the problem that i have much noise when not using the sound drivers noise reduction. if i do use it however, va says my mic is muted or disconnected. the line on the bottom is moving when im talking, so mic input is definetly send to va. the problem is not that it wont understand my commands without nr, but i want to record some gameplay with microphone input, which would be horrific with noise that loud.

im currently using a sound blaster z soundcard and a medusa nx headset. the problem stays the same with onboard sound and other microphones. os is win 7 ultimate 64 bit

if anyone knows a workaround, i would appreciate it very much.
greets
Gorgo

p.s.:sry for bad english

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:17:41 AM by Cmdr-Gorgo »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: noice reduction = mic muted?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:44:18 PM »
Hi, Gorgo.

There's not much you are going to be able to do with VoiceAttack in regards to noise reduction.  That is a problem you are going to need to research and resolve, as there is something either hardware or driver that is causing that much interference.

Cmdr-Gorgo

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »
like i said, i dont want va to reduce the noise, but to work while i have noise reduction activated in my soundblaster sounddriver. im am loud and clear, but voice attack says the mic is muted for some reason.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:42:11 PM »
The speech engine for whatever reason thinks there is no signal, and that is why it shows that the mic is muted.  The speech engine is also responsible for providing the volume of what is coming through, which is what you see when the line moves at the bottom.  Which is weird.  VA simply responds to the information it is provided and reacts accordingly.  I'm not sure what is going on in your system, but again, it's something that you are going to need to contact Creative Labs about since this is highly atypical (within VoiceAttack or without).  The only thing I can think of is to try checking the boxes for, 'Disable adaptive recognition' and 'disable acoustic echo cancellation' on the recognition tab of the options screen... may be worth a shot.  Outside of that, there's not much else VA can do.