Author Topic: Run commands while editing?  (Read 1019 times)

Castleberg

Run commands while editing?
« on: December 05, 2021, 06:31:02 PM »
In the past, I 100% was able to use voice attack to run commands to edit commands.

It was wonderful, as I was able to fix hundreds of commands in the blink of the eye. (I had a command that said "run [][1..100] times for exam, and it would iterate through the edits.

Anyway, now whenever I'm editing any command, no commands will run, which I find odd, as no update has been applied that I'm aware of, and can't quite figure out what is going on.

The only thing I can think of, is that I am currently trying to activate a command by hotkey, and suspect perhaps the hotkeys are disabled while editing...

Unfortunately I'm not able to test this hypothesis, as I don't have a working mic setup to try to launch it via audio command...

Thoughts?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Run commands while editing?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 06:36:11 PM »
Command hotkeys are supposed to be disabled while the "Edit a Profile" window is open, yes. Sometimes they do seem to stay enabled, though that's unintentional

Speaking commands will still execute them, as can other methods like the "-command" command line option

EricM

• VA user since 2017
Re: Run commands while editing?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 11:22:51 AM »
If you have a pc game controller or joystick lying around you could assign your editing commands to its buttons.