Author Topic: Lost key  (Read 1761 times)

Foamdad

Lost key
« on: November 12, 2021, 02:16:19 PM »
A few years ago, I purchased a license to Voiceattack for Elite Dangerous. In the interim, I have lost my key as well as no longer have access to the email I registered my purchase. I tried emailing support, but have never received a response. What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Lost key
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 02:23:25 PM »
Did you email support@voiceattack.com? Are you using a Yahoo email address, per chance?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 02:26:30 PM »
@Foamdad -

I had replied to your support email to support@voiceattack.com on November 9th.  You'll want to check your spam folder (or possibly your trash).  If that does not yield a result, you can try https://voiceattack.com/lostkey with your new email address, or email support again.

Hope that helps!

Foamdad

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 11:02:41 AM »
Gary - Thanks for the reply, but I no longer have access to the email that I registered VA. The lost key process apparently requires you to have access to that original account to retrieve a key. Also, since this was quite a few years ago, the PayPal method is not workable either.  :-\

edit: Never received your email. Checked the junk folder and there was nothing. Weird.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 02:46:07 PM »
Without assuming what email host you are using, you might try making a dummy account to test that - maybe something mainstream like gmail (and not saying your email is not mainstream, but I have had issues with user registration on my website, and familiar with the 'email sent/not received' dance with many seemingly mainstream email hosts).

Just something to maybe try if you're still stuck

Foamdad

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 07:48:22 PM »
SOLVED. Was able to get to the old email account. Retrieved key. Thanks all!! o7