Author Topic: Get Integer Input doesn't seem to be working, and a few other issues.  (Read 1553 times)

iceblast

Get Integer Input doesn't seem to be working, it always returns 0.

VA crashing when you try to copy all or selected text out of command editor.

Another issue, many times when I have a command to change to another profile, VA will stop responding, but if I have VA change to the profile by running it by command line, it works everytime without issue.

Also, I have a command, where I tell VA to Execute another command, and it will not work, but if I use AHK to tell VA to execute that same command that VA won't execute, it works fine everytime.

I have a command where there is a 50/50 chance, that it will just stop responding. I would copy it here, but VA crashes everytime I try, so I can't. There is nothing really special with it, just some arrow keys, and mouse movements, and a few mouse clicks. Can't understand what the problem is.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Get Integer Input doesn't seem to be working, and a few other issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 10:36:22 PM »
Which version of VoiceAttack are you running?

Have you tried reinstalling VoiceAttack?

If you are running any plugins, does the issue persist after you disable plugin support and restart VoiceAttack?

When VoiceAttack stops responding, does Windows notify you of this (E.G. with a dialog and/or graying out the window when you click it)? If you close VoiceAttack in this unresponsive state, does the log update before the window closes?

On my machine, I copy actions as text very often, and have never had that cause a crash, as far as I can recall.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 10:43:11 PM »
Heya, bud

I'm able to reproduce the integer issue (assuming this is the beta).

I'm not able to reproduce the other stuff.  Is it possible for you to export your profile and send it over to support@voiceattck.com so I can run it through the debugger?  If you can provide as much detail as possible, I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.   My guess is there's an action (or actions) that you've got in a command that's bugging out.

Edit - I'm able to reproduce by pressing enter when submitting.  Pressing OK works as intended.

iceblast

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 11:10:28 AM »
I was running v1.9.9.60, which I thought was the latest one, but apparently, there is a v1.9.9.64 now, missed that.

I just uninstalled, and reinstalled VA, and tried to copy text from the command editor, and it still crashed.

No, I don't run any plugins.

When VA stops responding, which seems to happen a few times a day, there is no notice from anything that VA is having a issue. I'll attached the fault log, but it's from after the reinstall.

Don't remember seeing VA add anything to the log while restarting VA.

I'll try to send the commands to support@voiceattck.com. Hopefully you find the issue, would be nice to not run into them anymore. ;)

iceblast

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 02:50:32 PM »
Update didn't fix switching profile issue.

Also, it didn't update the fault log, or VA log, VA just stops reponding.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 03:07:22 PM »
Are you running VoiceAttack as an Administrator using the setting in VoiceAttack Options under the System/Advanced tab?  (shot in the dark, just curious for the record)

iceblast

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 10:17:45 AM »
Yep, been running as Administrator for years now. :)

iceblast

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 06:38:10 AM »
Just installed the new beta.

Profile switching seems to be working for me now, but it was a 50/50 chance that it would happen, so I'll update if the problem is still there.

I can copy select text / copy all text in the command editor again, without VA just crashing when I try to do it.

Definitely going to take advantage of the Release All Key command. :)

The integer problem is gone as well.

Thanks for getting all that straight for me! :)

iceblast

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 10:29:19 PM »
Looks like Profile switching is still causing VA to stop responding. Though, with the Reset Keyboard Shortcuts command, and the help of AHK, to send a command line run command to VA to Reset Keyboard Shortcuts, VA starts working again, and I don't have to restart VA again, so there is that.

Strange that the command line run to switch profile works without issue, but the internal one bugs out....