Author Topic: Reverb g2 mic  (Read 1494 times)

tomeye

Reverb g2 mic
« on: October 30, 2021, 09:17:06 AM »
I have the G2 which requires unplugging power every time you do not use it anymore. This causes the sound recording device to disappear and re-appear when I connect again power cable.

Even though I have selected the G2 mic as default, every time I have to either re-select in voiceattack or restart the application to fix it.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Reverb g2 mic
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 09:25:01 AM »
You'll need to reset the speech recognition system, which can be done either using the "Reset Speech Recognition" option in the context menu for the main window's title bar (opened, for example, by clicking the logo in the top left-hand corner), the "ResetSpeechEngine()" method in an inline function, or by using the "Change Default Audio Devices" action to switch to the relevant device.

tomeye

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 10:11:19 AM »
Thanks for that, is there any way I can automate? like a batch script or similar?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 10:21:19 AM »
You could have a look at the "{STATE_DEFAULTRECORDING}", "{STATE_RECORDINGDEVICECOUNT}", and "{STATE_RECORDINGDEVICE:value}" tokens, to check for the presence of the relevant device, and to reset the speech recognition engine when it's connected.

You'd need to have a command looping in the background for that though.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 11:08:36 AM »
What is happening is when you unplug your G2, Windows promotes another device on your system to be the default recording device.  Since that device stays 'live', the speech instance is not dropped even if you plug your G2 back in.  Unfortunately, the only current way to circumvent this is to disable your other recording devices.  This can be done by going to Control Panel > Sound > Recording tab and right-click 'disable' on each device other than the G2.

You can also set up a hotkey to do what Pfeil had mentioned if you don't want a process just looping in the background all the time (although the looping/device check is a good suggestion).

tomeye

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 01:22:49 PM »
I found the below command to work, although voiceattack was already running

VoiceAttack.exe -input "Microphone (Realtek USB2.0 Audio)"

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »
The next beta will have some additional functionality to follow the default recording device when it changes, versus just sticking to the last device that's remaining active.  Hoping to have something out in the next week.

tomeye

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 02:25:01 PM »
That seems like a great feature for HMDs.