Author Topic: A new global option?  (Read 2668 times)

GODSEND

A new global option?
« on: September 25, 2021, 09:20:53 AM »
Make "Override Listening if my spoken command begins with" a global command/setting?

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: A new global option?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 03:35:00 PM »
+1 for this suggestion

Workaround is to make a global profile with a command which starts global listening, pauses, then stops global listening, using the Recognition Option for Restricted Continuous Speech:

...but override is better because it doesn't muck around with global listening mode (if used) because it doesn't need to.\

Could be a great place to encourage a 'computer assistant name' for use cases with listening off globally similar to Cortana and smart phone systems.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: A new global option?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 03:44:42 PM »
Regardless of the recognition setting, the speech recognition engine will wait until you stop speaking before attempting to recognize another command.
E.G. if you have a "Restricted Continuous Speech" command named "my override" and another command named "my command", and you speak "my override my command", only "my override" would be recognized and executed. You'd need to speak "my override...my command" instead.

The "Override listening if my spoken command begins with" option allows you to speak in a single sentence.