Author Topic: VoiceAttack Stops one side of wireless headphones from working.  (Read 1876 times)

DustyB123

VoiceAttack Stops one side of wireless headphones from working.
« on: October 13, 2021, 03:48:56 PM »
My wireless headphones are working normally, but as soon as I start VoiceAttack only the left side of my headphones has sound but not the right side. Is there a setting in VoiceAttack that can fix this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VoiceAttack Stops one side of wireless headphones from working.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 03:50:37 PM »
Are these Bluetooth headphones?

DustyB123

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 03:55:51 PM »
It has a wireless and a bluetooth mode but I have bluetooth turned off. I'm just using a wireless receiver.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 03:59:43 PM »
If you close VoiceAttack (and sound presumably returns to both sides), and instead start the Windows Speech Recognition application, does that have the same effect?

Have you used any applications that would actively use the microphone in your headphones before?

What make/model are they?

DustyB123

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 04:06:49 PM »
I just tried that and it seems to happen in the Windows Speech Recognition application as well.

I have not used any other applications that uses the headphones besides VoiceAttack and Windows Speech Recognition.

The headphones are Logitech Zone 900.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 04:22:05 PM »
The speech recognition system uses the standard multimedia device API to get microphone input, as the majority of software would, so this would likely happen with any application that uses the microphone.

I had a look at the setup guide (didn't look like there was a proper manual available, unfortunately), and a few reviews, and this issue/limitation isn't mentioned anywhere that I could find.

You could try checking for firmware updates via Logitech's "Logi Tune" software, just in case they've made a change that would fix this. If not, you'll want to contact them about this

Should none of those provide a solution, and if you have a Bluetooth receiver, you could try connecting the headphones over Bluetooth, to see if the behavior is preferable (though depending on the profiles the device supports, it may not be; credit to Gary for the suggestion)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:46:57 PM by Pfeil »

DustyB123

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 07:55:36 PM »
I tried different wireless Logitech headphones and the sound works properly with VoiceAttack. For some reason just the other headphones don't work properly.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 10:59:39 PM by DustyB123 »