Author Topic: voice attack not reacting when minimised  (Read 1833 times)

DaBreez

voice attack not reacting when minimised
« on: October 02, 2021, 06:42:09 AM »
 hello,

since today i have a new problem. when the va window is active and i point on another window all commands are working properly.  as soon as i minimise  or activate  another window, va  is not reacting on any input anymore.

i tried installing the new version.  restarted the computer several times.  started the program as admin.

i am using voice attack for a gamepad button  to scroll down.

after searching the forum for quite some time i was not able to find a solution.

since i am disabled i am writing in this style.  sorry.

thanks for your help in advance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: voice attack not reacting when minimalist
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 06:53:28 AM »
Which input(s) stop working, specifically?

If you have keys or buttons mapped to commands (or the built-in global hotkeys), it normally should not matter whether VoiceAttack has focus

Is it that VoiceAttack is not reacting to an input, or is a command executing when you provide the input, but that command appears to have no effect on a target application?

DaBreez

Re: voice attack not reacting when minimised
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 09:16:40 AM »
  yeah it worked before.  i have the gamepad button mapped to the command.

voiceattack is not reacting to an input  when the focus is not on it.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 09:53:22 AM »
That sounds like this issue, for which there is a workaround built in: Make sure you select the "Gamepad Controller" device, rather than the actual controller name, when assigning it in the joystick options.

I.E. click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, then on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window click "Joystick Options", then click the "Assign" button for the joystick slot you're currently using, select the "Gamepad Controller" entry in the list, click "OK", click "OK", click "OK", and check whether the behavior persists.

DaBreez

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 11:08:36 AM »
 8) :D :D

thank you  very much! what a great workaround!  i would have never guessed its the controller selection!
 it's working now!