Author Topic: Command to switch profile stops command working  (Read 939 times)

paul

Command to switch profile stops command working
« on: August 07, 2021, 12:36:25 PM »
Hey,

I have two profiles for fps games, i can't push the shoot button fast enough when using a pistol/shotgun. so one profile has a button which is a normal left click and the other profile has a command to repeat quickly the left mouse button while I hold a button down.

I have tested and both profiles work fine when using the drop down to select a profile, i have now made a command to switch between profiles so if I am in the profile where shoot is standard lmb i execute a command to switch to profile to the one which repeatedly clicks the lmb it changes profile but this command doesn't work.

Can anyone help? I have attached both profiles, the command that stops working is called 'fast fire'
thanks for any help,
Paul

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Command to switch profile stops command working
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 06:16:36 PM »
How does this command stop working? I'll assume you're referring to "fast fire 2" instead, which works on my machine.

Switching profiles does stop any commands that are actively running at the time, but that shouldn't stop that command from working, afterward.

Do note that a command like that, which is set up to fire much faster than humanly possible (as there is no added delay), should not be used in any multiplayer game, unless it is explicitly allowed by the developers of that game.

paul

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 08:01:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
  • How does this command stop working? I'll assume you're referring to "fast fire 2" instead, which works on my machine.

When I am using the 'COD' profile and I push the button to switch to the 'COD - Fast Fire' the shoot button only works the same as the 'COD' profile, it doesn't rapid fire.
Does that work on your computer? If so I wonder why it doesn't on mine
Thanks,
Paul

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 08:10:47 AM »
The button is pressed repeatedly for as long as I hold down the hotkey, yes.

Have you tested the command in any other applications? You could use a website like https://mousetester.com/ (this is not an endorsement; just a site found through a quick Google search), and check whether it registers multiple clicks (the counter should increase while you hold down the hotkey).

paul

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 09:00:04 AM »
Thanks for the really fast reply!

thanks for the link, so it works on that website but not in the game.
maybe I need to slow the clicks down a bit, although it did work before when opening that profile manually

paul

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
I fixed it :) I added a 0.2 second delay after each lmb and it worked.