Author Topic: Delay for Dictation and TTS  (Read 1349 times)

Maygik

Delay for Dictation and TTS
« on: June 28, 2021, 08:31:54 AM »
I have a simple couple of commands set up:
One to start dictation (Clearing the dictation buffer)
And another which stops dictation and uses the buffer as the TTS.

An issue I'm running into is that voiceattack takes around 5 seconds to start dictation mode (That's when the dictation buffer cleared message appears) and also takes a similar amount of time for the TTS to execute.

I'm not sure what would help fix this or what is even causing it, I would appreciate any help people could give.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Delay for Dictation and TTS
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 08:35:07 AM »
Try creating and training a new speech recognition profile, see if that makes a difference.

Maygik

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 10:26:54 AM »
The delay is still present for both the dictation start and tts start

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 10:40:18 AM »
The delay in the TTS audio playing would be because your second command stops the dictation mode, and the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" only plays when that is completed.

This issue has been reported before (here and here), though it is quite rare.

Unfortunately, as there is no diagnostic information available indicating why this delay in the Microsoft speech recognition engine is occurring, there is no real targeted solution for this.
One user reinstalled Windows, and still experienced the issue (on one machine, while never experiencing it on another at all), so there may even be a hardware/driver component to it.

Maygik

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 10:53:35 AM »
Thanks for that, I've managed to get rid of the TTS by reordering the second command but the dictation start and end sadly both still have delays. Thanks though