Author Topic: Version of Microsoft.Speech.dll and Numbers Question  (Read 899 times)

Jimmer

Version of Microsoft.Speech.dll and Numbers Question
« on: June 19, 2021, 02:25:14 PM »
Hello,

I notice in the VoiceAttack folder that the version of Microsoft.Speech.dll is from 2011.  That seems very old to me for a 64-bit application.  Is this the correct version or am I misunderstanding something?

I am also have a very hard time getting the number 10,000 to be understood by VaicomPro which is a plug in to VoiceAttack.  I have heard from other users that it is a problem for them also.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do that correctly?

Thanks,

Jim

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Version of Microsoft.Speech.dll and Numbers Question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 02:34:58 PM »
That is the correct library version, yes. The API for interacting with the speech recognition engine has not changed.

Numbers with a thousands separator seem to be best recognized when the command phrase also contains that separator, E.G. "10,000" rather than "10000".

Do note that depending on the locale and/or speech recognition engine, the thousands separator may be a different character (E.G. '.' instead of ','), in which case the "{TXTNUM:}" token may treat it as a decimal separator instead