Author Topic: X4 Key bind Plugin : is it possible ?  (Read 2941 times)

Mamy la Puce

X4 Key bind Plugin : is it possible ?
« on: June 07, 2021, 04:43:20 AM »
Hi all,

I would like to know if a plugin for this game would be possible to do ? Is this something that only you can do, or is it doable by ourselves ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: X4 Key bind Plugin : is it possible ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:25:14 AM »
Plugin are, by definition, not part of VoiceAttack itself. If you have the appropriate knowledge of C#, the target application's configuration file structure, and the principles involved in reading those files, you can put together a plugin that brings that information into VoiceAttack as variables, like other keybind plugins do.

Mamy la Puce

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 09:53:20 AM »
But i think the game itself need, like ED, something like the "Elite's player journal" to permit reading data about our in-game state to make a lot more things possible right ? I mean, even if we have knowledge in C# I don’t think it’s possible to get these states in game if the game itself doesn’t give us a return, right ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 09:59:50 AM »
You explicitly mentioned "Key bind Plugin". That data can often be found in text-based configuration files.

For information regarding ingame states, that is again not up to VoiceAttack itself. The developer of your target application would need to provide an interface designed to convey those ingame states.

Mamy la Puce

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 10:09:47 AM »
You're right, sorry, I have these two questions in mind right now for my profile and I’m looking for a way to solve them together...