Author Topic: [1.5.12.5] Key passthrough with modifiers only  (Read 3667 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
[1.5.12.5] Key passthrough with modifiers only
« on: August 17, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »
While I'm reporting it for the recent version, this bug is actually ancient:

In the "Command Shortcut" keyboard key selection dialog, the "Do not allow this key to be passed through" options is greyed out by default, and will only become available if a non-modifier key is pressed/selected.
That made it clear that modifier keys would always be passed through,(in VoiceAttack at least, some videogames for example do hook them), which is why I haven't reported it up until now.

However, the interface doesn't always reflect this; If the "Do not allow this key to be passed through" checkbox is checked while a non-modifier key is selected, it will not uncheck when that key is removed and only a modifier remains.
This persists after saving the profile and restarting VoiceAttack as well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:35:25 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [1.5.12.5] Key passthrough with modifiers only
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:05:07 PM »
I got this one sorted out.  It's going to remain checked until you actually save (versus unchecking when you clear the key, which would be annoying if your intent is to clear and set another key).  It will be in the next beta (hoping in the next few minutes).

You can hook the modifiers (allowing them to raise events), but you can't handle them and prevent them from being availed to other apps.  That's why it's like that (well.. supposed to be like that).

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: [1.5.12.5] Key passthrough with modifiers only
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:38:28 PM »
It's going to remain checked until you actually save
Makes sense. Ready to be filed under "Ex-Issues".