Author Topic: Bulk change every saved command to Active Window?  (Read 1726 times)

Slegnor

Bulk change every saved command to Active Window?
« on: April 16, 2021, 01:18:10 PM »
Hi all,

I have just reinstalled VA on a new machine and imported my profiles and I've noticed that now, I am getting a 4-6 second delay between speaking a command and VA registering it.  I'm not getting any issues regarding recognition of the command spoken btw, just a big delay. 
This occurs on commands set to be sent to the Elite Dangerous client target, as I previously had it set on my old PC.
If I change it to Active Window, the command runs instantly.
I have seen that using Active Window is the most often cited fix for command delays, which is fine and I'm OK with doing that to sort it, but I have 2 questions.

1) Any ideas why would I now be getting these delays when I'm now running on a much faster PC than previously?
2) Is there a way to change every command in my profile from "Send Command to target" to "Active Window" en-masse?
I tried exporting the profile to a .vap but that doesn't seem to be in an editable format

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Bulk change every saved command to Active Window?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 01:53:12 PM »
VoiceAttack would use the exact same API calls as on your previous machine, so it could be something is configured differently in Windows, or an application that wasn't present before is interfering somehow.

You can select multiple commands (or all commands, by pressing Ctrl-A on your keyboard), and click the "Edit" button to open the "Command Multi-Edit" window, which allows you to change the targeting option for your commands.

Though, if you're using the active window, I would leave the "Send command to this target:" option unchecked (while having the "Update" box next to it checked), so that the option is cleared, and the profile-level option is used instead.

Unless a specific command should be sent to a different application than all the other commands in your profile, the "Send command to this target:" option should not be enabled at the command level, and the "Send commands to this target:" option at the profile level should be used instead.
Doing so enables you to change the target for all commands in the profile without having to edit the commands themselves.

Slegnor

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 02:32:48 PM »
You can select multiple commands (or all commands, by pressing Ctrl-A on your keyboard), and click the "Edit" button to open the "Command Multi-Edit" window, which allows you to change the targeting option for your commands.

Thanks, I knew there must be a way but I hadn't thought of trying that.

Slegnor

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 07:56:17 AM »
Just an update, after updating all ED commands to not send direct to the client, everything is triggering instantly

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 11:17:05 AM »
Another user encountered this issue, and it was determined that this delay occurs when using a window title as the target (on a very small number of machines; this is not normal Windows behavior).

When using the process name as the command target instead, no such delay occurred.

So you can try using
Code: [Select]
~EliteDangerous64as the command target (the tilde prefix instructs VoiceAttack to only search for process names, as mentioned in the documentation)