Author Topic: Say something with text-To-Speech  (Read 1785 times)

johnliem

Say something with text-To-Speech
« on: April 26, 2021, 02:01:10 PM »
Hello,

I have about 10 Ivona Voices.

Is it possible to make a Say something with text-To-Speech that one of the 10 Ivona Voices randomly replies to my greetings?

for example when I say Good morning, one of the 10 voices replies to me with the text I made let say Good morning.

I read about the dynamic responses on page 49,  it is only to specify a part of my text to speech(TTS) but what I want to do is different person voices who read my texts.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Say something with text-To-Speech
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 02:12:50 PM »
The "Voice" field of the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action parses tokens, so you can use the "{TXTRANDOM:}" token in there, with a list of the voices you want to randomize between as a semicolon-separated list.

E.G.
Code: [Select]
{TXTRANDOM:Microsoft David Desktop;Microsoft Zira Desktop}
The values passed to the token would be identical to those shown in the "Voice" dropdown.

johnliem

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 03:28:48 PM »
Thanks, I will try it.

johnliem

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 11:38:22 PM »
Hello

I try to find the action parses tokens on the manual and on the VA but could not see or find it

could you give me an example?

I did put a text

say something with text-To_Speech

[Greetings;Hello;captain;Hi]

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 11:43:27 PM »
It's not a separate action...

As mentioned, the "Voice" field of the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" parses tokens. It's not just a dropdown, you can click on it and enter text directly, so that's where you'd put the token

johnliem

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 11:10:32 AM »
Yes, I got it and it works thanks.

johnliem

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 10:24:20 AM »
it works fine,  I have been reading on the manual but it is not easy to find what I want to do as the next question, is it also possible to let a person who I call her or his name will read the text?

for example when I say good morning Brian

and Brian will read, this text "Good morning how are you today". as long as I do not call another name Brian will continue to read all the text  or sentence I type

but when I say good Morning Eva, Eva will read the same text as "Good morning how are you today" and so on

the reason for this in order only a person who I call her of his name will read the text or sentence.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 01:25:52 PM »
The documentation lists features, and it is up to you to combine those features in order to achieve a given result.

You can combine the "{CMDSEGMENT:}" token with a dynamic command section containing all of the names you may potentially speak as a semicolon-separated list, for example, and use it in the "Voice" field to dynamically insert the name of the voice you want to use (assuming the rest of the voice name follows the same pattern for all ten of them)

E.G.
good morning [Brian;Eva]
where the "Voice" field of your "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" would then contain something like
Code: [Select]
IVONA 2 {CMDSEGMENT:1} OEM

If the voice names don't all follow the same pattern, you could use a set of conditions to match the name you spoke, set a text variable to the correct full name, and then use the "{TXT:}" token to insert that full name into the "Voice" field instead

These topics may be of use in addition to the official documentation:
Control flow (If, Else, ElseIf, Loop, Jump) basics
Variables and tokens summed up

johnliem

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 01:52:21 PM »
I will give it a try thanks.