Author Topic: Find-Replace in Profle  (Read 951 times)

Maxxx

Find-Replace in Profle
« on: April 21, 2021, 08:30:48 PM »
I have a profile I've been using for some time - and found out today that when I export it it is not exported as XML but in some sort of binary format.

I have added a command with many steps, that I had planned on doing a find..replace on the XML once I finished it (I hard coded specific keys and wanted to replace with variables)

But it seems that my profile is somehow configured to be 'encrypted'  - which from what I've read is possible to do by editing the XML... I am guessing this is because I originally based my profile on one I'd downloaded!

But the changes I want to make are just on the command(s) I have added...

Is there some way I can do this?

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Find-Replace in Profle
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 08:35:58 PM »
During the export process, on the "Export a VoiceAttack Profile" dialog (where you pick the location the file will be saved), you can use the "Save as type" dropdown to choose "VoiceAttack Profile Expanded as XML (*.vap)", as mentioned in the documentation (press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer).

Note that modifying a .vap file and importing it is at your own risk. Making a backup of the original file is strongly recommended.

Maxxx

Re: Find-Replace in Profle
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 11:20:51 PM »
OMG - so obvious when you know! Thanks