Author Topic: Works Fine 98% but camera view 'snaps' back sometimes  (Read 1588 times)

kmaulden

Works Fine 98% but camera view 'snaps' back sometimes
« on: February 15, 2021, 02:35:52 PM »
I wish I could describe it better in the title, but hopefully my text will help. I'm using VA for MSFS and 98% of the time, it works perfectly. I bought the 64 bit version a few weeks ago and now I can't fly without it.  :)

Here's what happens occasionally. Let's say I'm flying along and I want to change the camera.

"Left Wing" (VA shows me the left wing.)
"Pilots Seat" (VA shows me the pilot's seat view.) 
Great so far. So then I might say
"Right Wing" and it switches, again, just fine.
Here's where I might see the problem (although this is random - there is no logic as to when this happens).
"Garmin" (VA switches to the Garmin display, then instantly 'snaps' back to the previous command, which in this case was "Right Wing". Of course I wanted to see the Garmin view, so I repeat the command, and the second time, it works. This happens about every twenty commands, and in every case, when I repeat the command, it works.

Not a show-stopper by any means, but if there was anything I could do to stop it, I would love to know.

Thanks very much.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Works Fine 98% but camera view 'snaps' back sometimes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 02:39:42 PM »
VoiceAttack sends the keypresses your commands instruct it to. How are your commands set up?

Right-click the action list, choose "Copy All as Text" from the context menu, then paste here into a code block (click the # button)

kmaulden

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 03:10:16 PM »
Code: [Select]
Press Left Ctrl+9 keys and hold for 0.5 seconds and release

They're all variations of this.

kmaulden

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 03:11:25 PM »
What's strange is that it's not consistent. Most of the time the commands work fine, but the 'snap' has happened at one time or another to most if not all of them.

Would turning on a log file help?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 03:26:24 PM »
What log file are you referring to?

I notice the default controls list I'm finding shows these camera controls like "Toggle Instrument View 9 - CTRL + 9"; does pressing Ctrl-9 twice cause the behavior you're mentioning? I.E. does the first press switch to that view, but the second press switches back to the previous view?

Half a second is quite a long hold-down time for any game, have you tried reducing this? 100ms (0.1s) should be more than enough for most input systems.
Perhaps in some cases, the game interprets the long press as two separate presses

kmaulden

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 03:34:32 PM »
On the System/Advanced tab, I see "Enable Log Quiet Mode" and a few log options below that. I was curious if that would show me something (if that were actual logging).

On some commands to try and prevent the 'snapping' back I have had the command executed twice. I suppose it's possible that in some cases it might read a repeat of that command as a request to 'go back' so I'll remove that and see what happens. Also, I'll reduce the time held down to 100ms to see what that does.

Thanks for the help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 03:47:21 PM »
The "Enable Log Quiet Mode" applies to the log on the main window, and as the documentation and its tooltip note, serves to limit the information displayed to declutter the log, if desired. It does not add any additional information.

There are a few command-line arguments to show additional information, but none that would apply to this situation.

There is no literal log file.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features and options.