Author Topic: Elite Dangerous and voiceattack demo  (Read 1372 times)

AlexS

Elite Dangerous and voiceattack demo
« on: February 11, 2021, 07:05:34 AM »
Hi

Big newbie here.

I've got voice recognition working with VoiceAttack, can anybody recommend a good basic template for demo purposes.
Also for when I buy VoiceAttack which seems pretty likely now.
I did download a template, it recognised commands but actions didn't work (can't find commands I think).

Thanks

AlexS

Re: Elite Dangerous and voiceattack demo
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 08:16:38 AM »
OK I wipe all the commands I had set up and started again. I set up a couple of commands myself like "landing gear" and "cargo scoop". Works.

So my next step is to actually buy VoiceAttack, please point me to what template and voicepacks I should install, I tend to look at free ones but perhaps a few purchase suggestions may be a good idea.

I have googled around but there appears to be too much or too old information.

Many thanks

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 09:20:05 AM »
Hi, Alex

A lot of information online is old, but it's generally still relevant when it comes to VA - one of my goals is to keep things as backward compatible as I can between versions.  On the other hand, packs and profiles will tend to get a little bit out of date since games seem to change quite a bit.  In that regard, recommending a free pack is difficult as most free packs get abandoned after their creators stop playing the game.  If I were to recommend a prebuilt profile/pack, it would have to be from HCS.  Their profiles are thorough and well-built, and they are proactive in keeping with the games they support (like ED and SC).  Plus, they update their packs for free.

*Disclaimer - HCS is a completely separate company and I do not receive any remuneration for recommendations.

AlexS

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 10:18:13 AM »
Thanks!!