Author Topic: VA Crash - DCS Comms Menu disappears  (Read 1867 times)

stuartandgita@icloud.com

VA Crash - DCS Comms Menu disappears
« on: February 02, 2021, 04:33:45 AM »
Hi all. New user. I use VA with DCS. VA application crashes and at the same time I lose the DCS comms menu. the two events appear related. Can anyone provide advice as to how I might troubleshoot.

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA Crash - DCS Comms Menu disappears
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 08:48:10 AM »
Are you using any third-party plugins, E.G. VAICOM PRO?

If so, does the issue still occur when you disable plugin support?
Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window uncheck the "Enable Plugin Support" option, click "OK", click "OK", then restart VoiceAttack

stuartandgita@icloud.com

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 01:43:23 AM »
Yes I'm running Vaicom Pro
When I disable plug in support I have no in game DCS Comms Menu at all. The error message I get in the VA diaglogue page is understandably "plug in support disabled".
I'm not sure how to proceed. I thought I needed Vaicom pro to interract with the DCS comms options.

Thanks for helping by the way.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 01:54:50 AM »
VAICOM PRO interacts with the game directly, and if I recall correctly it does not use the ingame comms menu for that.

Either way, you'll want to contact them about this issue; their support page lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

There is an unofficial, community-run Discord as well, which may be able to assist with certain issues.

stuartandgita@icloud.com

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 04:30:31 AM »
Thanks Pfeil

I've reached out to Vaicom. I'll let you know how I go.

Kind regards

stuartandgita@icloud.com

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 01:50:34 AM »
Vaicom weren't all that interested in my issue as I didn't provide them with enough detail. They said

"Thanks for contacting us. There are no known issues with the plugin related to VA crashes.
If you can isolate steps towards a reproducible error we can investigate, however your problem most likely involves other factors.
We suggest you inspect Windows Application logs for clues regarding the VA crash and go from there".

I'll ensure I save all the logs for next time and see if they have any answers.

Cheers

stuartandgita@icloud.com

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 07:20:27 PM »
Hi Pfeil - Please see attached Windows event viewer logs. I don't understand them. Thought you might be able to direct me to someone who can help. The VA crash issue is still occurring. Hopefully, the attached logs will help create some understanding of why. Thanks Stuart

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 07:29:45 PM »
Have you contacted VAICOM with this information?

The only previously reported occurrence of that exception is from a user also running VAICOM PRO.