Author Topic: VoiceAttack and Vaicom Installation  (Read 2787 times)

baloueb123

VoiceAttack and Vaicom Installation
« on: March 16, 2021, 08:51:05 AM »
I am bloueeb123, 57 years old, from Germany.
I've been into flight sims for about 20 years.
I am always interested in new helpful programs as well as VoicwAttack/VaicomPro .
They make flying in VR very easy.
Unfortunately I have the following problems.

I bought VoiceAttack via Steam , Vaicom Pro directly from the website .
I have a Steam version of DCS installed on a separate SSD.
This gives me the following installation paths for VA + Vaicom PRO :
a) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common(here are other Steam games,e.g. IL2)
 or
b) E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCS (only DCS is located here).
Also here the question where to , because there are problems (crashes of Steam,VA,Vacicom ) .
c) According to Vaicom manual it is installed here : C:/Program Files (x86)/VoiceAttack : same crash problems.
d) The Steam version is automatically copied here during the download : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common : same problems .
e) Since Vaicom is a plug in : C:/Program Files (x86)/VoiceAttack/Apps/VAICOMPRO

The programs when installed as in a and b will run for a while. Then the problems start.
I.e. I can use them in the game , make settings etc. . After restarting, the next day or a few hours later, the commands no longer work or Audi files (DCS and/or VA) are gone.
I assume that the Windows speech recognition may also cause a problem, since it is used as an interface.

Sorry for all the text, but I have been trying to solve these problems for almost 2 weeks now.
Even VT and the various forums do not really help. Maybe someone has a Steam version and knows what to do.

Greetings balou

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VoiceAttack and Vaicom Installation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 03:21:43 PM »
For issues with third-party plugins, you'll want to contact the author.

For VAICOM, their support page lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

There is an unofficial, community-run Discord as well, which may be able to assist with certain issues.

That said, if Steam is crashing, and the actual sound files are disappearing off of your machine, there are likely deeper issues with your system.