Author Topic: Getting sent command error  (Read 1385 times)

Incurable-Rash

Getting sent command error
« on: January 09, 2021, 09:09:32 PM »
I have two commands that are the same. One is for voice commands the other is for running the command with no voice . One will work if I target Elite client the other will not I have to target the current window, what am I missing?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Getting sent command error
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 10:30:02 PM »
What, specifically, isn't working?

The first command doesn't actually use its targeting setting, as it doesn't send any (keyboard/mouse) input

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 06:24:20 AM »
That is the problem the one that has the target set to the active window is linked to a load cargo command that runs and repeats through another command script. The second one with target set to client is a direct voice command that starts the client. Both look the same, to me, when I set both to the client target the non voice one does not work it say "unable to get a target for command" "Check the send commands to setting for your command". the voice one works fine.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 06:38:49 AM »
As mentioned, the command that doesn't send any input doesn't use its targeting setting at all. It doesn't matter what you set it to, because it doesn't actually check or send anything to that target, so it'll always execute.

Are you using "Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT)" as the target for any other commands that send input, and do they execute correctly? I.E. is that a valid target?

You can try adding the "^" prefix, so VoiceAttack will only check window titles (I.E. target "^Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT)")

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 11:19:06 AM »
So if I understand you correctly, the command that has nothing going to the Elite client is what is causing the problem?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »
No...The command that isn't sending anything is irrelevant to this issue, because its targeting setting doesn't do anything. It's not needed or used, because it doesn't send anything to a target.

Therefore, that command should not be compared to the command that isn't having its target found, as the former does not use a target at all.