Author Topic: msvcrt.dll, fault  (Read 1370 times)

Incurable-Rash

msvcrt.dll, fault
« on: December 26, 2020, 08:22:22 PM »
I keep having this error and when I do a sfc /scannow it show not errors, but it keeps happening. I have even rund Dism and it still keeps showing up. I does not error all the time just randomly. any suggestions

this is what I see
Faulting application name: VoiceAttack.exe, version: 1.8.7.5, time stamp: 0x5fbd5ff3
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0xf5bdefd7

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: msvcrt.dll, fault
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 10:18:49 PM »
Are you using any inline functions or plugins, third-party or otherwise?

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »
inline function
The one you helped me develop

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 02:52:12 PM »
That's the only one?

Have you tried reinstalling VoiceAttack, just in case?

Unfortunately, that error implies there is something amiss somewhere deeper in your system.
Assuming reinstalling VoiceAttack doesn't fix it, and given that a system file scan doesn't fix it, the next step would need to be something more drastic: Repair-installing Windows itself using installation media.

If you choose the option to keep everything (which should be the default), files and applications should be preserved, however it is highly recommended to make backups; Either way this is at your own risk.

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
well this does not sound good I just did a clean install 2 days ago so i guess it will be something I have to live with.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 06:37:30 PM »
While it's not impossible that a relatively fresh installation is already having issues by itself, it is also possible there is a hardware aspect to this.

One check you can do yourself is a Windows Memory Diagnostic (search for this in the start menu), to try and make sure your RAM is working correctly.

If that comes up clean, and you've tried the repair-install, you could consider contacting a computer repair professional to do further testing (not necessarily immediately, but worth keeping in mind if you encounter other strange issues)