Author Topic: VoiceAttack crashing after two minutes.  (Read 25111 times)

Incryptx

VoiceAttack crashing after two minutes.
« on: March 02, 2019, 10:31:16 PM »
I have the output from "voiceattackfault.txt" but it makes no sense.

03/02/2019 6:41:18 PM***************************************************************************************
System.Xml.XmlException: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.IsStartElement(String localname, String ns)
   at System.ServiceModel.Syndication.Atom10FeedFormatter.CanRead(XmlReader reader)
   at System.ServiceModel.Syndication.SyndicationFeed.Load[TSyndicationFeed](XmlReader reader)
   at SimpleFeedReader.FeedReader.RetrieveFeed(String uri, IFeedItemNormalizer normalizer)
   at GalnetMonitor.GalnetMonitor.<monitor>g__monitorGalnet|16_0()
   at GalnetMonitor.GalnetMonitor.monitor()
   at GalnetMonitor.GalnetMonitor.Start()
   at Eddi.EDDI.<>c__DisplayClass119_0.<keepAlive>b__1()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
03/02/2019 6:48:38 PM***************************************************************************************

VoiceAttack starts fine, all checks ok, loads HCS voicepacks ok, I can then do a "rollcall" and ASTRA answers. I can feed the cat and enable chit-chat, galaxipedia, then after a jump or two, VA shuts down.

I "cntl-alt-del" from the game back to the desktop, and VoiceAttack in the systray disappears when I click on it, and closes. I cannot get any info from the VA window. I open VA again, return to the game, and after a jump or two, or after scanning (FSS) a few bodies, it shuts down again, as EDDI no longer responds, and rollcall does nothing.

I return to the desktop and start it up again, and it will go for two or three minutes and shut down.

Any advice?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VoiceAttack crashing after two minutes.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 10:46:19 PM »
   at GalnetMonitor.GalnetMonitor.<monitor>g__monitorGalnet|16_0()
   at GalnetMonitor.GalnetMonitor.monitor()
   at GalnetMonitor.GalnetMonitor.Start()
   at Eddi.EDDI.<>c__DisplayClass119_0.<keepAlive>b__1()

Looks like EDDI is making VoiceAttack crash.

As the issue is with a third-party plugin, you'll want to contact the author of that plugin.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 11:23:22 PM »
There is a problem with the Galnet portion of EDDI after a recent ED update (as reported by another user).  As I understand, if you disable the Galnet option, this issue will not present itself.  Gonna sticky this topic.

Hope that helps!

(Thanks to Pfeil as well ;))

Incryptx

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »
Thanks for the help. I will contact the author of EDDI and disable Galnet in EDDI to see of the issue clears up.

Tkael

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 09:38:32 AM »
Hi, EDDI dev here. Just wanted to note that we're aware of this issue. Essentially, we're looking at some legacy code that didn't graceful handle the RSS feed disappearing overnight.

Until the next release, we are advising everyone to disable the Galnet monitor.

Bluemerle

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 11:41:04 AM »
it started crashing for me today closes after 2-5 min
2019-09-21 17:41:04***************************************************************************************
System.OverflowException: Värdet var antingen för stort eller för litet för Int32.
   vid System.Decimal.ToInt32(Decimal d)
   vid System.Decimal.op_Explicit(Decimal value)
   vid VoiceAttack.frmMain.(CommandAction2 )
   vid VoiceAttack.frmMain.‰.()
   vid System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   vid System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 12:39:06 PM »
Hi, Bluemerle

Are you using an HCS pack by chance?  If so, another user has reported that there may be an issue and a rollback to an earlier pack may be necessary.

Bluemerle

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 01:27:12 PM »
thanks i use astra voicepack

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 03:41:08 AM »
We are looking into the issue. Have you updated to the latest version?
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

DaVidoSS

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 11:40:03 AM »
Same here:
System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 12:30:28 PM »
Please update to the latest version of HCS released a few mins ago. This should resolve the problem.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

DaVidoSS

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »
I dont knew where to get newest version of HCS plugin.
I have now :
22:18:17 - Plugin 'HCS Plugin v3.3.2 - (c) 2016-2019 HCS VoicePacks Ltd' initialized.
22:18:23 - Singularity v2.2.3 - VoiceAttack v1.7.8

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 02:53:29 PM »
those are the latest versions so you must have updated

DaVidoSS

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »
Thanks for help

Replicator

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 01:39:03 AM »
It's NOT VoiceAttack it's EDDI

RCKJD

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 07:52:02 AM »
I have/hopefully had, a similar issue.
I would load VA, work on my ED macros (pip management, setting up Vega's responses to it) and about every 2 minutes it would just close without error code.
To rectify it, I tried Administrator, compatibility mode, disable plugsins, still no dice.

Then I had the idea to plug in all the USB devices I have registered with VA (Warthog HOTAS, Cougar MFDs) in exactly the same order and the same USB ports, even if I wasn't planning to play at the time. Now it has been over 15 minutes without any issues.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 04:36:08 PM »
Thanks for the info.

You'll want to make sure that your drivers are up to date and installed properly.  VA's involvement with joystick devices is limited to interacting with DirectX.  If DirectX or your drivers are out of sorts, there's no telling what may happen.  Inside of VoiceAttack's installation directory (or VA's data directory, depending on permissions) will be VoiceAttackFault.txt.  That file will have unhandled exception information in it if VA is not crashed to a point where it cannot provide that information.  If you have that file and the dates are current, you can post it here and that way it might shed some light on what is going on with your system.

In the meantime, make sure your drivers are up to date, as well as make sure your system files are in good order.  A system file scan will catch a lot of issues and fix them if it finds them:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker