Author Topic: VA is going crazy  (Read 2088 times)

polynut

VA is going crazy
« on: November 07, 2020, 06:17:09 PM »
Hi guy's it's been a while since my last post but i am back to VA because again rsi strike!

I have no problem with VA recognition and my speech profile work well, my problem is that VA once start is getting crazy and it is minimizing maximizing without saying anything and my mouse control don't work anymore when i try to end the task the highlight doesn't stay so i have to hard reset my computer.

Was working fine a week before and the only app i have install since then was mumble voice chat and i have uninstall mumble but still have that crazy problem.

It's a steam purchase from 2 years ago if i remember correctly so any clue about what's going on? I am on windows latest build.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA is going crazy
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 06:27:01 PM »
Are you using any plugins? If so, does the issue occur when plugin support is disabled (hold Ctrl and Shift while VoiceAttack is starting and check the "Disable plugin support" option)?

Do you have any commands that run automatically when a profile loads? If so, hold Ctrl and Shift while VoiceAttack is starting and check the "Disable profile initialization commands (this session only)" option.

polynut

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 08:12:44 PM »
Are you using any plugins? If so, does the issue occur when plugin support is disabled (hold Ctrl and Shift while VoiceAttack is starting and check the "Disable plugin support" option)?

Do you have any commands that run automatically when a profile loads? If so, hold Ctrl and Shift while VoiceAttack is starting and check the "Disable profile initialization commands (this session only)" option.

Hi Pfeil glad to see you are still around, i don't have any plugins, i made one command with the option to repeat endlessly until stop in the Dying light game but it was working OK last week but not anymore.

I forgot to mention that i have a dual monitor setup maybe it have something to do with it?

I start it again and just saying one command close VA without any error message!

Maybe uninstalling and re installing VA could be an option?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 08:23:25 PM »
You can try reinstalling just in case, though I don't expect that to change much.

When exactly does the issue occur? As soon as VoiceAttack itself starts?

Does stopping all commands (E.G. via the stop button on VoiceAttack's main window, or a "Stop All Commands Hotkey" assuming you have one assigned) do anything to stop these random actions?

polynut

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 08:28:32 PM »
You can try reinstalling just in case, though I don't expect that to change much.

When exactly does the issue occur? As soon as VoiceAttack itself starts?

Does stopping all commands (E.G. via the stop button on VoiceAttack's main window, or a "Stop All Commands Hotkey" assuming you have one assigned) do anything to stop these random actions?

It's pretty random but usually i do a few voice commands and it start going wonky just like now VA just crash without any error message after saying one voice command!

I cannot click any buttons in VA when this thing going on.

I think i will uninstall and re install just to see if it can fix this issue but this is pretty weird and also it has affect my taskbars position for no apparent reason.

polynut

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 08:42:00 PM »
I just re install VA and no effect still get crazy and it is opening random applications and i have to hard reset the computer since windows like task bar are not accessible with the mouse.

Like i mention earlier the only thing that was install was mumble and i have uninstall it since.

I am completely at lost with this crazy issue!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 08:43:41 PM »
Have you tried running with a new, empty profile?  VoiceAttack doesn't just open random applications on its own without being told to do so.

If running with a new, empty profile doesn't help, would you mind going into Options, General tab and then click on the System Info button, then, 'Generate Settings Summary' -  generate the summary and upload here?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 08:45:46 PM »
If VoiceAttack is indeed crashing, that may be a different issue to the random actions. Do you have a "VoiceAttackFault.txt" file in VoiceAttack's installation directory (though, unfortunately, uninstalling may have removed that file)?

Have you checked your commands to see if one of them could be causing this? A command may be getting recognized erroneously (possibly because of environmental or line noise) whose actions would cause effects such as the ones you're describing.

As Gary suggests, an empty profile would help rule out a command being the cause of this (assuming you don't have any global profiles enabled).

I would also strongly recommend assigning a keyboard key you can actuate (if possible) to the "Stop All Commands Hotkey" option on the "Hotkeys" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, and checking whether that allows you to stop these random effects once they start occurring.

polynut

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 02:00:45 PM »
I nailed it guy's, it was this command here i made that was creating this crazy issue :

https://imgur.com/EzaQGDH

I wanted to have the left click to attack repetitively and to stop it i made another command to release the left click and since i am on dual monitor setup the command didn't seem to stick to the the dying light game monitor even if the mouse cursor was still on the game monitor so that's why it was left clicking repetitively on every program icons starting them.

Can you guy's point me out to the correct way to setup a left click repetitively for melee attack and the way to stop it?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 02:27:23 PM »
Releasing the left mouse button won't stop the command (there is no reason it would stop just because of that state change)), it'll just press it again as the loop comes around.

You need to use the "Stop Another Command" to stop the first command explicitly.

Also try (in addition to having the other command with the "Stop Another Command" action) enabling the "Stop command if target window focus is lost" option, which should stop the command automatically if it clicks outside the window that had focus when the command was called.

polynut

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 03:16:30 PM »
Releasing the left mouse button won't stop the command (there is no reason it would stop just because of that state change)), it'll just press it again as the loop comes around.

You need to use the "Stop Another Command" to stop the first command explicitly.

Also try (in addition to having the other command with the "Stop Another Command" action) enabling the "Stop command if target window focus is lost" option, which should stop the command automatically if it clicks outside the window that had focus when the command was called.

Hi Pfeil and thank for the tips i will try them later on tonight and comment back if i have any success. I still wonder why the cursor is able to get out of focus since dying light doesn't allowed access to second monitor. Should i position VA on same monitor where the game is instead?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »
The actual system mouse cursor position may not match where the game is showing its cursor.

Plenty of games use a system where the system cursor is moved back to the center of the screen every so often, and only the relative movement is translated into what the game uses internally. The system cursor may be hidden at that point, but if it "escapes" the game window, depending on how that game implements its input system, it could still click whatever it happens to be positioned over (even if you can't see that the cursor is there).

This is something that the game itself would need to prevent, however. VoiceAttack itself does not affect the position of the cursor (at least not the command in your screenshot).

The position of VoiceAttack's main window would not affect this directly (though having it placed near the edge of the game window would make it a more likely target for unintentional input of the cursor does get outside of the game window)

polynut

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »
The actual system mouse cursor position may not match where the game is showing its cursor.

Plenty of games use a system where the system cursor is moved back to the center of the screen every so often, and only the relative movement is translated into what the game uses internally. The system cursor may be hidden at that point, but if it "escapes" the game window, depending on how that game implements its input system, it could still click whatever it happens to be positioned over (even if you can't see that the cursor is there).

This is something that the game itself would need to prevent, however. VoiceAttack itself does not affect the position of the cursor (at least not the command in your screenshot).

The position of VoiceAttack's main window would not affect this directly (though having it placed near the edge of the game window would make it a more likely target for unintentional input of the cursor does get outside of the game window)

Thank again for this very informative post since there is not a lot of talk about how the OS and game deal with the cursor.

polynut

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 08:54:09 PM »
Work like a charm no more issues so thank to both of you you made a happy disable guy able to enjoy gaming again!