Author Topic: No sound on speak button  (Read 2087 times)

Coverdale

No sound on speak button
« on: October 27, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »
Hello gary,
I installed version 1.8.7 yesterday and had to find out that the sound still doesn't work when I press the talk button (see topic from July 22, 2020).
Please look again.

Kind regards, Coverdale

Gary

• Administrator
Re: No sound on speak button
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 12:01:27 PM »
Just to be clear, this is the setting in Options > Hotkeys > Recognition Global Hotkey, right?

Make sure that 'Enable keyboard global hotkey' is checked and 'Listen then stop listening after recognition completes' is selected.

On my machine, the sound is played when the hotkey is pressed and listening is turned on, and no sound is played when the speech event occurs (when listening is turned off).

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 12:03:40 PM »
Can confirm there is no sound (either when starting or stopping listening using the "Listen then stop listening after recognition completes" option) when using the "Joystick Button Recognition" feature, though there is when using the "Recognition Global Hotkey" option, I.E. the issue seems specific to the joystick option.

EDIT: Correction, it applies to everything but the "Recognition Global Hotkey" option, as the "Mouse Click Recognition" option is also silent.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:46:31 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 12:06:35 PM »
Ah - joysticks.  Gotcha.  Thanks for the info!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 03:48:11 PM »
Got it - The option was still off for mouse and joysticks.  It's on now and will be in the next release!

Coverdale

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 03:04:08 AM »
Yes, exactly, I put the talk button on the joystick. Hope it works again in the next version.
Thank you, Garry

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 10:10:23 AM »