Author Topic: Elite Dangerous + EDDI controls  (Read 1656 times)

WozzlebatneoBreau

Elite Dangerous + EDDI controls
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »
I am an Oldie in an environment where I can't use a Microphone, and my hand eye co-ordination is not the greatest, ha ha.  I wanted to use voice attack with the EDDI program for Elite Dangerous to control keyboard commands.  I have programmed the commands into an IPad using a program called Touch Portal, which is simple to use even for a PC Illiterate like me.  These commands work well in the game, but I thought if I could get EDDI to respond to a key press in game that program could activate the Voice Attack.  But,  I cannot get my head around how to do it.  Can anybody take me in hand an help me through this process.  The main thing is I guess to get Voice attack to respond to keyboard strokes only, ignoring spoken voice, or respond to a particular TSS personality.
With thanks, WOZZ

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Elite Dangerous + EDDI controls
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 09:52:36 PM »
If you don't intend to use speech recognition, you can check the "Disable Speech Recognition" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

What, specifically, isn't working? Have you configured the TouchPortal application on your PC to send keypresses? Does VoiceAttack detect these keypresses?