Author Topic: Listening Suspended  (Read 1514 times)

SteelGrave

Listening Suspended
« on: September 28, 2020, 02:46:27 PM »
Hi

I use VoiceAttack in conjunction with Vaicom in DCS - mostly for commands to Jester.

A while back I had this issue where VA would continuously stop listening.  After some googling I found that it was Sonic Studio - stopped that and all was well - uninstalled it for good measure :-p

What I also noticed was that while I was using VA in DCS the comms menu would keep popping up and disappearing.  Googled the issue and one of the steps recommended was deleting an export.lua file.  That resolved the comms menu popup, but now the "listening suspended" issue is back.

All seems to work fine until I'm loaded into my plane at which point VA gives the red disable icon over the headset icon and the log says "listening suspended".

No more Sonic Studio or the MSI software mentioned, so not sure what is causing it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Listening Suspended
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 02:47:59 PM »
This issue has been reported a number of times with VAICOM PRO, you'll want to contact the author of that third-party plugin; Their support page lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

SteelGrave

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »
OK thanks

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 03:09:20 PM »
Yeah - the Sonic Studio/Nahimic thing is a different animal altogether  - it disables listening, but in the sense that it completely cuts off microphone input altogether lol. 

'Listening' state in VA can be controlled by clicking the icon on the main screen, hotkeys, commands and the VA proxy (inline functions and plugins).  VAICOM is a plugin and thereby has control over the listening state - which is what is occurring here.

SteelGrave

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 12:52:25 PM »
Thx Gary

Yeah just annoying that it was working ... blegh :-p