Author Topic: Intermittent Issue - Command recognized by VA but not executed within XP11 sim  (Read 2214 times)

zippydoda

New to VA and the forum and just setting up VA to work with X-Plane 11. VA is very good at recognizing my voice commands, but actually executes them in the sim only about 50% of the time.  It seems to work well for a while, then it stops executing, then it starts again with no discernible pattern.  The entire time it's recognizing the commands. 

I searched the forum for this issue for quite a while and did not find it, but feel free to redirect if it's been answered previously.  I've seen posts where it recognizes commands but does not execute any due to permissions issues, but I've not seen an intermittent problem like mine. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Gary

• Administrator
You'll want to take a look at this thread as it's helped many over the years:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=53.0

I'm willing to bet it's probably the amount of time your button presses are down (quite common).

If that does not solve the problem, please elaborate a bit on what it is you are actually doing in your commands that are failing to execute.

zippydoda

Thanks Gary - increasing key press time did the trick.  I saw that in a post but forgot to try it!

Let me know if I need another thread for this one, but I can't maximize or make larger the small VoiceAttack window that appears when starting VoiceAttack.  I can't get to the Options menu, the normal resize window mouse click stuff doesn't work, and the window size control is greyed out.  Not behaving like any Windows app I've seen. 

zippydoda

Actually increasing the key press time did work for a while, now not.  The issue with permissions should not apply to an intermittent problem.  I would think the Direct Command to issue would not be an intermittent problem either.  But I can't change the option for that to try it because my small Voice Attack window does not have the Option option as I mentioned above.  Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
You need to take the main window out of compact mode in order to resize it, or to access the options window.

Right-click the title bar and uncheck "Compact Mode".

zippydoda

Thank You!  Unusual interface.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Compact mode as an option omits certain icons to facilitate its small size, including the buttons to open the options window and for managing (creating, importing, exporting) profiles; It is not enabled by default, however, so that's not usually an issue.

Gary

• Administrator
"Can we get a screen that doesn't have all the crap?"

"Sure!"

:compact mode: