Author Topic: I'm new to ED Horizon & NEED A LOT OF HELP setting things up  (Read 1882 times)

lowbow12

I'm new to ED Horizon & NEED A LOT OF HELP setting things up
« on: August 12, 2020, 06:59:33 AM »
I've just installed ED Horizon, VA and also bought and downloaded HCS Voice Pack (ASTRA). I then set up my Mic and ran Speech Recognition 4 or 5 times. I have then installed VA. All seems OK.
Here is what I need a lot of help with.
Is there anything I should do in ED Game Settings before I install ASTRA ?
Also I would like to be able to have ALL the voice commands bound to keyboard.
I would then like to be able to add the use of a joystick just for flight controls.
I've watched all the VA & HCS & ED Control Settings Tutorial videos but most seem to be out of date.
I'm very confused.
I would be obliged if someone would take the time and help me out by giving me better detailed up-to-date instructions.
Thanks in advance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: I'm new to ED Horizon & NEED A LOT OF HELP setting things up
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 07:01:37 AM »
For questions regarding third-party HCS Voice Packs products, you'll want to contact them directly via their forum, or their Discord

lowbow12

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 07:09:49 AM »
Hello Pfeil,
I just thought that things are going through VA that would be where I should start.
I'll take your advice & ask my questions there and see how I get on.
Regards.

MalForTheWin

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 04:50:24 AM »
Hey lowbow12

I'm coming in late to the party - hopefully you've gotten things figured out on this. If not, there's a set of new videos covering purchase, installation, and basic troubleshooting of VoiceAttack and HCS Voicepacks on the HCS YouTube channel (I made them last month, and several more are coming in the next few weeks).

The good news is HCS Voicepacks will read your keybinds from Elite and import them automagically; you shouldn't have to set up any in-game controls AFTER you install VoiceAttack and HCS Voicepacks. As far as I know, there's nothing that your HCS Voicepacks do through VoiceAttack that isn't already bound to your keyboard.

The best practice - from the very beginning - is:
1. Install Elite
2. Set up your control scheme in game - keyboard, mouse, joystick, etc.
3. Install VoiceAttack
4. Install your HCS Voicepacks
5. Adjust your voice triggers for the commands in the HCS Customizer

If you still can't get things to work, or have additional questions, Gangrel over in the HCS Discord can probably help, and I'd be happy to do whatever I can as well.

- CMDR MalForTheWin
Elite Dangerous Content Creator | HCS Voicepacks Partner | Flight Assist Podcast co-host
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter

lowbow12

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 09:53:09 AM »
Hello CMDR MalForTheWin,

I seem to have gotten things figured out so far.
What do you mean by 'Adjust your voice triggers for the commands in the HCS Customizer' ?

What I would like now is a list of all the spoken commands in 'Singularity (Elite)' so I can print it.
Way back when Elite & Voice Attack first came out I was able to export a profile which gave me 3 columns. 'Commands'     'What the commands done'     &    'Categories'.
That was easy to read and much simpler to learn and find what I was looking for.
But from what I've been able to find out so far that is not possible now.
I've been on HCS Forums & Discord, Frontier Forums and no joy. Also found that HCS has locked their profiles to some extent.
It seems HCS have also removed the 'Cheat Sheets' from the packs. (whatever they are/were).
I have tried to export the profile as html but it's all gibberish to me.
It doesn't make sense to me. (I'm an Old Pilot and not too Tech Savvy).
All I want is to see what to 'Say' and what that spoken command 'Does' and in 'What Category it resides'.
There is a couple of printable 'Command sheets' out there, but very limited.
I would be obliged if you could help or advise me.

Regards Lowbow 12

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 08:11:11 AM »
We (HCS) have reference manuals and cheat sheets in the Voice Attack\Sounds\HCSTools\Voice Command Lists\ <specific game> folder

You can also open the customiser -> Click "English Manual"
There is also the Voice Trigger editor as well in the voice trigger editor.

We (HCS) are working on a method to get the Voice Trigger Editor to make an exportable version, but it is slow going on this side.

hawknerd

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 11:41:07 AM »
"5. Adjust your voice triggers for the commands in the HCS Customizer"

Can someone explain this a bit more please? I can find the voice triggers but dont know what you should do with them to improve things?

Also should I set a trigger word like "computer" so that it always knows I am talking to it and reduce the accidental input from my environment or me coughing or what not?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 10:52:23 PM »
You are of course free to wait for someone from HCS Voice Packs to pass through. Otherwise, you'll want to contact them directly via their forum, or their Discord

If you're having issues with command getting recognized erroneously, make sure your microphone volume is set appropriately (not too loud, not too quiet), and train your speech recognition profile at least three times.
Also note that not all microphones are suited to speech recognition, especially desktop or webcam microphones, as they pick up a lot of environmental noise by design; A good-quality (USB) headset is recommended.

As a workaround, you can also try increasing the "Minimum confidence level" value on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window (enable the "Show Confidence Level" option to get an idea of which value to use).