Author Topic: Prevent Speech Engine From Changing Microphone Volume (Unhandled Exception)  (Read 1791 times)

Incryptx

When trying to check the box "Prevent Speech Engine From Changing Microphone Volume" in "Options/System-Advanced" I get this exception error.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Exception Error attached as a text file.

Gary

• Administrator
I'll take a look.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Edit - What version of Windows are you using?  Also, I'm wondering if you could try this same option without plugins running - just to make sure something else isn't trying to utilize the speech engine at the same time.

Although I'm not able to reproduce the problem here, I'll see what can be done to bolster that code up a bit (this is the first time this has come up).

Incryptx

I'm running Windows 10 LTSC with the latest updates.

The one thing I did notice is that although checking the box causes the exception error, the box remains checked when VA options is opened again. I unchecked plugins and the exception goes away.

Other than VA, I have nothing else on the system using the Windows speech engine. I did see some text in the exception error with respect to EDDI, which I am running, and this application uses the Windows speech engine and is loaded as a plugin when VA is opened and the options/System Advanced is opened to check that box.

Gary

• Administrator
So what you're saying is that if you do not have plugins enabled, the exception does not present itself?

Gary

• Administrator
Also - did VA produce a fault file (VoiceAttackFault.txt) in its installation directory?  If you have that, can you send it to support@voiceattack.com (or just post it here if you want).

Incryptx

Sorry for the confusion. The exception error occurs regardless of whether plugins are enabled or disabled.

Here is the VA fault log.

Gary

• Administrator
I'm thinking that it has something to do with Enterprise, unfortunately.  I've added some code to the latest beta to check some things enabling the feature.  That's about all I can do at the moment as I don't have Enterprise :(