Author Topic: Key combinations with any set of keys  (Read 2158 times)

Grimolfr

Key combinations with any set of keys
« on: July 21, 2020, 02:43:23 PM »
In Star Citizen, the advanced camera controls (particularly the camera position memory settings and camera position reset) are keypress combinations of F4 + some key on the numeric keypad (0-9 for memory settings, * for reset)

I've been trying to set up voice commands for the camera positions I use regularly, and for resetting the camera to the default position.

However, VoiceAttack only does key combinations that are one of the 4 standard modifier keys + a single other key.

I tried setting up a press, press-and-release, release setup, but for some reason it's registering the F4 key as a separate keypress at the end in addition to registering the combination.  (So it will select the camera position I want, but then immediately switch to first-person view, since the F4 key alone cycles between first-person and third-person modes.)

So, this is a feature request to add support for key combinations using any keys, rather than only doing a single key + a "standard" modifier.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Key combinations with any set of keys
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »
Have you tried releasing the other key last?

E.G.
Code: [Select]
Press down F4 key
Press down 0 key
Release F4 key
Release 0 key
(you may need to add pauses in between)

You can already press larger numbers of keys as a combination using the "Variable Keypress (Advanced)" option, however the behavior is no different than "press-and-release, release"

E.G. if you set it up to press A, B, and C:
Code: [Select]
Set text [~keys] to 'abc'
Press variable key(s) [~keys] and hold for 0,01 seconds and release
A will be pressed, B will be pressed, C will be pressed, C will be released, B will be released, A will be released.