Author Topic: No audio while voice attack open  (Read 2799 times)

wagstaffer

No audio while voice attack open
« on: July 31, 2020, 09:48:02 PM »
I have a youtube video playing and then i open voice attack and audio just stops until i close voice attack. Can someone help me with this issue?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: No audio while voice attack open
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 09:49:54 PM »
Does this also occur when you start the Windows Speech Recognition application, without VoiceAttack running?

Have you checked to see whether audio devices get switched or muted when the issue occurs?

wagstaffer

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 09:57:28 PM »
No, it only happens while running VA. Im using Bluetooth headphones with a mic and the audio just cuts out. When i use a separate pair of headphones for the mic and a separate for the audio, I can hear but its constantly being garbled cutting in and out.

wagstaffer

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 10:06:20 PM »
So, if I use a usb mic for voice attack can i still use my bluetooth headphones for audio without issues? Also, for some reason I cant open those links you just put up.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 10:09:06 PM »
That depends. You indicate that using separate headphones and a microphone also exhibits problems; Are these also bluetooth devices, plugged into your soundcard, or USB?

These links should work:
Quote from: Pfeil
This user managed to get around it by changing certain options: https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1386.msg6693#msg6693

However, depending on your headset and which profiles it supports, this is a hardware/firmware limitation: https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=2242.msg10419#msg10419

wagstaffer

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 10:12:29 PM »
The bluetooth is built in to the motherboard.

Those links also tell me I am blocked.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 10:16:51 PM »
Third time's that charm; The forum had mangled them.

The bluetooth receiver should not be an issue in most cases, but when you say
When i use a separate pair of headphones for the mic and a separate for the audio, I can hear but its constantly being garbled cutting in and out.
how are those devices connected?

wagstaffer

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 10:18:41 PM »
They work!! and both of the devices are connected via bluetooth from the headphones to the motherboard, no dongles or receivers are being used.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 10:26:09 PM »
Ah. That would likely still be the same issue. Bluetooth in general is problematic, especially on Windows.

If you can borrow a microphone to test with, that'd be the safest option.

Do you have another recording device that you can set as default, E.G. "Stereo Mix"?
Ctrl-click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window to open the "Sound" control panel applet, which lists those devices in the "Recording" tab; If you have another device, select it and click the "Set Default" button, then restart VoiceAttack and see if that changes anything.

Theoretically, if you switch the default device away from your bluetooth headset, that should have the same effect as plugging in a USB microphone, for the bluetooth headset, at least.

wagstaffer

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 10:32:07 PM »
I do have a "pro" mic which happens to be very big and inconvenient but after reading those threads it's looking like that will be my only option for now. Thank you very much for your assistance. You were better than most companies customer service.