Author Topic: push to talk button on my HOtas?  (Read 2436 times)

BCBudsz

push to talk button on my HOtas?
« on: July 15, 2020, 01:24:08 PM »
hello, i found

(Use mouse buttons to start/stop listening
Sometimes you really don't want VoiceAttack to recognize what you are saying. Especially if you are in a noisy area or are using voice communication software. You can make VoiceAttack start or stop listening with your mouse buttons (the five standard mouse buttons : right, left, middle, forward & back). For this example, we are going to make VoiceAttack start listening only when we hold down the middle mouse button :
From the VoiceAttack main screen, click on the 'options' button.
Drop down the 'Mouse Click Global Hotkey' list.
Select the, 'Middle Down Listen' option.
Click, 'OK' & you are set!

You probably noticed the other two options for the middle mouse button : 'Middle Click Toggle' and 'Middle Down Stop Listening'. 'Middle Click Toggle' will allow you to toggle between listening and not listening by clicking the middle mouse button. 'Middle Down Stop Listening' will keep VoiceAttack from listening while the middle mouse button is held down.

Note: Some third-party software (like Logitech's Setpoint) will prevent the mouse fr
)

but looking for a way to setup a button on my HOTAS, the option joystick button recognition doesnt seem to work with my HOTAS

Gary

• Administrator
Re: push to talk button on my HOtas?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:34:16 PM »
Did you go through the steps to set up your joystick(s)?

Options > General > Joystick Options

And subsequently assign the proper joystick button to start/stop listening ?

Options > Hotkeys > Joystick button recognition

BCBudsz

Re: push to talk button on my HOtas?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 02:23:40 PM »
thanks, and there is some place i can stop VA from automatically listening untill i push this button?

(think i got it) thanks again