Author Topic: VoiceAttack does listen to my voice, yet ignores commands and feedbacks.  (Read 2608 times)

Corythus

Greetings!

I try to use Voice Attack for Elite Dangerous. I had changed the windows language and trained the windows voice recognizer. I can dictate and it's pretty accurate now.
My problem is that Voice Attack is listening to my voice and noises (VoiceAttack displays a moving bar) yet it completely ignores trying to connect that voice with commands. Voice Attack won't feedback if it can recognize a command or not. It just doesn't do anything, and the log is empty. I'm not using a headset.

I read many of your topics and I tried everything. I went through this step by step, but no luck: https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0

1. I had checked the Voice Attack shortcut, change the compatibility, make it run as an administrator.
2. I had checked the "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation".
3. Windows 10 voice recognition is working well, it's recognizing what I say pretty accurate.
4. I reinstalled Voice Attack.
5. Created New Profile.

If you have any idea or I did miss something please help me out.
Thanks in advance,

Corythus

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VoiceAttack does listen to my voice, yet ignores commands and feedbacks.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 05:23:51 AM »
Hi, Corythus

Can you do me a favor and try changing your speech engine from the ‘lightweight’ version you have selected to another available type?  This would be on the recognition tab of the options screen.

I’m thinking that’s what might be causing the problem.

Hope that helps!

Corythus

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 05:37:47 AM »
Hi, Corythus

Can you do me a favor and try changing your speech engine from the ‘lightweight’ version you have selected to another available type?  This would be on the recognition tab of the options screen.

I’m thinking that’s what might be causing the problem.

Hope that helps!

Hi Gary,

The other option is "System Default" and sadly it does not work either.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 05:59:57 AM »
I'm assuming you've installed speech platform 11, since you have the, 'lightweight' option available.  Did you also install a speech engine to go with that?  http://voiceattack.com/alternate

If not, you'll need to choose a language-appropriate engine and install it.

If so, which one?  Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling that engine? 

Corythus

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 06:25:28 AM »
I'm assuming you've installed speech platform 11, since you have the, 'lightweight' option available.  Did you also install a speech engine to go with that?  http://voiceattack.com/alternate

If not, you'll need to choose a language-appropriate engine and install it.

If so, which one?  Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling that engine?

Oh my God, Sir you are awesome!
I did reinstall the engines and a new option showed up!
Thank you very much! Now it's time to create a lot of new commands and start to purge the galaxy!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 07:17:03 AM »
Awesome!

I’m going to look at ways to keep VA from getting to that state (maybe some additional warnings).

Hope you enjoy the software!