Author Topic: In game push to talk  (Read 898 times)

menacslude9

In game push to talk
« on: July 01, 2020, 07:32:26 AM »
similar to https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1075.msg5361#msg5361 but a little different.  So let's say for instance Payday 2.  I want to be able to assign a hotkey (eg. F2) to the push to talk function, and then execute a voice command to hold down F2 and then another one to release.  So for instance, I use the word "gray" to push and "over" to release, I want to be able to say "Gray Is anyone here using mods? over" and have VA push and hold F2 from when I say gray to when I say over.  Does this make sense and is there a way to do that?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: In game push to talk
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 08:18:27 AM »
You can use one command to press a key and another to release it, but you still need to pause at least once between them.

E.G. if you have a command with the phrase "gray" with the "Recognition" option set to "Restricted Continuous Speech", so that the command is recognized if you say "gray" and continue speaking without pausing afterward, you'll still need to pause before a second command can be recognized.
Note that a single word, especially a short one, is not recommended for use with the "Continuous Speech" options, as it's likely to recognized erroneously (you can try changing the "Minimum confidence level" option for that command, but you may not find a balance between reliable recognition when you speak the word intentionally, and erroneous recognition).

In addition, there is a recognition delay to any command, so if you say "gray" and continue speaking, the first part of whatever you say is likely to be inaudible.

As, logically, a command must be spoken before it can be recognized, "over" would also be heard at the opposite end.

menacslude9

Re: In game push to talk
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 08:23:09 AM »
As, logically, a command must be spoken before it can be recognized, "over" would also be heard at the opposite end.

I know.  That's why I picked "over", so that it doesn't sound weird to the other players when I execute the release command.  And I kind of figured that using one short word would be a bad idea, I plan to create nonce words via an android app so that I don't say it by accident.