Author Topic: Allow multiple override phrases  (Read 5591 times)

Woofington

Allow multiple override phrases
« on: March 21, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »
I play with a safety lock on my profile.  That means elite is not listening to what I say unless I use a directive word.  That directive word is typically computer, but sometimes I name my VI's.  The "Override listening if my spoken command begins with" option under profile options is perfect for creating this safety phrase. 

Now I can say "What time is it," to my significant other, and my profile won't respond.  But if I say "Computer what time is it" it will respond to the "what time is it" command. 

While this feature is great it would be even better if I could use the common multiple syntax (e.g. "[computer; system]") to enable more than one override phrase. 

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Allow multiple override phrases
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:53:13 PM »
I actually have that down to add.  It wouldn't be too much to add, however, the drawback (and why I drag my feet on this) is because of situations like yours.  If you add another prefix, it will double your 100,000 commands o_O

Woofington

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »
I wish I knew what to do about the high level of complexity in my profiles.  But the reason I like my profiles and the reason so many others like to use my profile as well is because of the natural conversational nature of them... I have been trying to cut the chaff recently but its tough!

Woofington

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 04:39:41 PM »
Any news on this feature?

Woofington

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 12:33:44 PM »
Still curious to see if this is upcoming?

CESBlackrat

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 09:59:35 AM »
FWIW I'm also interested in this feature - though I take your point, Gary, that if it means doubling (or tripling, etc!) the number of commands, then that could cause performance issues. Still, if it can be made workable I'd definitely use it.

Drift_91

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 04:37:18 AM »
I take it this still hasn't been added?

One workaround to achieve this that I'm about to test out is turning all my commands into suffixes and then using a couple of prefixes instead of the override phrase.

Also, I suspect the reason that Gary is hesitant to add the feature isn't so much to do with performance but more to do with how speech recognition works. Generally the more commands the computer has to listen for, the less accurate it may be, as there's more possibilities for it to choose from when it needs to figure out which one you just said.