Author Topic: Made a complete mess  (Read 818 times)

mikethesky

Made a complete mess
« on: May 27, 2020, 12:14:26 PM »
I installed Voice Attack and Viacom, imported some ready made lists of DCS World aircraft inputs. Then got stuck when my spoken commands were not being understood by the application.
So decided to start again but nothing seemed to work the same. To cut a long story short, I am 77 and still flying, but this has me stumped.
Anyone who can advise how to restart from scratch, could be a friend for life or what ever's left.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Made a complete mess
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 12:43:18 PM »
If you want to completely restart (no profiles, no plugins) quickly, you'll only need to do two things (after you shut VoiceAttack down) -

If you want to remove all plugins (like Vaicom), you'll want to delete everything inside the Apps directory (all folders).  This is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps

To reset all of your profiles, you can simply either delete or rename your VoiceAttack.dat file.  This is usually located in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack   You may have to enable hidden files and folders if you cannot get to this folder.   Another option would be to add a new, empty profile and then delete all the other profiles in your setup other than the new one.

Hope that helps!