Author Topic: baby steps, teaching myself by creating commands for eve - advice  (Read 1689 times)

Alboy1975

Hi

I suspect someone, or indeed many people, have already made profiles for eve online (but where's the fun in that?).  I am making my own as a learning experience.  Now, i'm starting small - open and close basic windows, character sheet etc.  I have been quite successful, an example being opening market and order windows simultaneously.  The voice commands i assign are:  market;open market;close market, allowing for more natural speech.  Quite chuffed with myself. 

My question is around close market, or similar action.  At present 'close market' is simply a toggle, if 'market' window is not open it will act as trigger to open that window.  Is there a means of getting 'close market' to work only if the window is open and therefore truly work as a close function?  Might be a little advanced at this early stage?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: baby steps, teaching myself by creating commands for eve - advice
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 01:53:01 PM »
Unless this "window" is a literal window that appears in your taskbar, you'd need some way of getting data from the game that indicates whether that window is open or not.

EVE Online does have an expansive API, though you'd have to check whether it offers client UI state data; Either way you'd need to write a plugin or inline function to get the data into VoiceAttack.

Alboy1975

Re: baby steps, teaching myself by creating commands for eve - advice
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 02:11:13 PM »
Thanks. I thought about it after post. The key press that i assign to voice command is simply a toggle, there is no way beyond your suggestion, that 'it' knows 'close' refers to closing an open window, it is binary from a given state.  The 3 voice commands however give it some sense of sophistication, although it is an illusion