Author Topic: default VA window size can it be adjusted in registry  (Read 873 times)

Incurable-Rash

default VA window size can it be adjusted in registry
« on: May 09, 2020, 06:04:13 PM »
When I start VA the window starts in what I assume is a default size, I can adjust it smaller with the window adjustment arrows, but can it be set to this size as a default.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: default VA window size can it be adjusted in registry
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 06:12:57 PM »
Unless you're making a window smaller than the minimum size, VoiceAttack will save that setting and use the same size the next time the window is opened.

Is that not occurring? Do you have a screenshot of the window at the size you're trying to keep?

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 07:18:50 PM »
here is what you wanted

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 06:11:40 AM »
What are your scaling options set to? If you make the window larger than the default and restart VoiceAttack, does that size get saved?

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 08:50:00 AM »
The screen scaling is set to 125%, but that is to make the letters and icons bigger. But when I open the VA program that window is able to be reduced by dragging the sides or corners to get is smaller I am trying to get to that size without having to drag it every time.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 09:38:54 AM »
At that scale the minimum saveable size on my machine appears to be 820x459, which is slightly larger than the ~813x438 you're trying to set (which is the actual minimum size of the window).

It's possible the minimum saveable size varies depending on other aspects.

You could use the "Perform a Window Function" action in a command that runs when your profile loads to force the size you're looking for (provided it's larger than the actual minimum for the window).

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 12:32:09 PM »
thanks I can run a windows function manually but can't figure out where to put it when the profile loads

Never mind I figured it out