Author Topic: mouse gets stuck on dwell clicker and won't respond to VA commands  (Read 1279 times)

josephR

I have a dwell clicker called smartnav that basically let's you make clicks by hovering the mouse.  It looks like a little bar and when you position the mouse over the dwell clicker you can change to make the mouse to left, right, or double clicks, etc.  If the mouse is positioned on this dwell clicker bar, it won't respond to voice attack commands - e.g. to move the mouse cursor to a different location.  As soon as I manually move the mouse cursor off the dwell clicker bar by moving the mouse with my hands, it will respond to voice attack commands again.  In short, this little dwell clicker bar seems to be a dead spot where VA becomes inoperable if the mouse is positioned there.  Running on windows 10 and this didn't happen before when I was running on windows 7.  Anyone had a similar issue and know how to fix it?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: mouse gets stuck on dwell clicker and won't respond to VA commands
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 07:11:28 PM »
VoiceAttack uses the standard Windows API to move the mouse cursor, so if an application is stopping the cursor from moving it's likely affecting the underlying system, rather than VoiceAttack itself.

According to the NaturalPoint website, the SmartNav software has not been updated since 2012, so the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10 behavior may be caused by a change to the Windows input system.

Have you tried using a mouse move action using relative movement to move the cursor off that bar?

E.G. using the "Adjust the Mouse Cursor Location" section of that action, setting the "Move up" or "Move down" option (assuming you have that bar set up horizontally, making its height the smallest dimension) to, say, 50 pixels; Try that with the "Move using relative data (useful for 3D games)" option checked, as well.