Author Topic: Audio settings will not save  (Read 1346 times)

quaglinoman

Audio settings will not save
« on: April 25, 2020, 08:26:30 PM »
Going to the Audio tab so set all audio input/output to my HyperX Headset does not save, it always reverts back to Focusrite or Rift-S Headphones.

I must manually go into Windows and set the headphones as default for both in order for headphones to work.

On latest version of VA

Windows 10, fully updated

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Audio settings will not save
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 08:30:36 PM »
Can you clarify "does not save"? When does it revert, exactly?

Are you using the "Change Now" buttons, or do you have the "Set Windows Default".."Device on Startup" options checked?

quaglinoman

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 09:29:33 PM »
I will set it in my Audio, back out of settings, I go back to verify and it reverted back to previous setting. Set Windows Default is NOT checked, nor is device on Startup. I would set it and it reverts. Linking a pic. It son headphones now because in Windows I set HyperX as default to get it to work.

https://ibb.co/3C6FgJK

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 09:41:10 PM »
Set it how? Are you clicking the "Change Now" buttons?

quaglinoman

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 09:53:31 PM »
I am not clicking Change Now because a warning dialog pops up saying if I do this i twill change all settings defaults to this in Windows. I only want it for VA.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 10:34:38 PM »
That is exactly what those options are for: Changing the Windows Default audio devices (which is why they are labeled as such, and why you see the warning dialog).
If you don't either check the corresponding checkbox, or click "Change Now", nothing will happen.

If you want to change the device VoiceAttack sends audio to (I.E. for playing sounds and text-to-speech), use the "Override Default Playback Device" and "Override Default Text-to-Speech Device" options.

The speech recognition engine will listen to a specific recording device; You can change this setting, noting that it can also affect other applications using the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine (E.G. the built in Windows Speech Recognition application), using the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on the "Recognition" tab.