Author Topic: [v1.7.2.21] Command phrase not recognized if voice disabled duplicate exists  (Read 2524 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
If a command has "When I say" disabled, creating a command that uses dynamic command sections to generate that same phrase will result in it not getting recognized.

E.G.
If a command with a "When I say" value of "test command" exists, but is voice disabled, creating a command with a "When I say" value of "[test;] command", which is accepted(an exact duplicate is not), speaking "test command" writes "Unrecognized : 'test command' to the log and not executing, while speaking "command" results in the (latter)command executing.

EDIT: Fixed; Tested with v1.8.3.21
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:02:53 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
The appropriate thing to do would be to make sure that dynamic commands that are duplicates of disabled commands cannot be added.  Something tells me it's like it is for a reason... I'll have to dig deeper.  Wondering if the thinking was that if another command is disabled, it doesn't matter if there is a duplicate as long as the user identifiers are different (that is, the spoken phrase).  Now that commands can be executed by name (even if they are disabled), it makes it a little bit messy to try to offer both.

Edit - I put the build I was testing with out in, 'unofficial' if you want to try that.  Your command is already in there, but hopefully it should prevent that situation going forward.  http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:57:03 PM by Gary »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
"[test;] command" can still be created when "test command" has "When I say" disabled in v1.7.2.22

As I was testing with a fresh profile, I also found that
"New Command"
"New [Command;]"
and
"[New;] Command"
can all exist at the same time, without any needing to be disabled.

I believe this has to do with case sensitivity, as "a b" will not allow "a [b;]" to be created, but "A B" will.

This happens in v1.7.2.21 as well.

EDIT: The originally reported duplication issue is resolved, but the case sensitivity issue still applies with v1.7.3
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:50:42 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
EDIT: The originally reported duplication issue is resolved, but the case sensitivity issue still applies with v1.7.3

I've got a command, 'A B' and I am unable to create a command, 'a[b;]' - Look like this has been resolved at some point over the years lol.